Our Shining Hour…is almost upon us!





There is an excited yet controlled frenzy as we enter the final phase of rolling out the next issue of aaduna filled with exhilarating words and images that are bound to grasp your consciousness and entice you to reflect and discuss.

Poets are always an integral part of any issue, and it is “fun” to present snippets, a few words, teasers, from poetic works that may be short, poignant, lengthy, compelling, and always to the point. And entice you to surmise what comes next, how does this poem end?

On this day, enjoy work by poets,

Daniel Blokh

Chukwudi Ezeamalukwuo Okoye


******
Daniel Blokh (photo provided)


We Fill Holes

In the middle of Gambier Ohio I laid down in a field stained blue in light
And thought about boys and girls and everything I wished I'd done, all the Love
I want. People will look anywhere for it and somehow I look in people.


*****




Chukwudi Ezeamalukwuo Okoye (photo provided)


Last night as we circled the streets of Abuja

Last night as we circled the streets of Abuja,
Don and I, scavenging the many bounties of our youth
I felt my inner child being lowered slowly from a hearse
Into a very dark place.
I struggled to pull myself from the edge
but then I heard you say,
“Charles relax; this world is a one-time affair.”


*****


Need more poetry? Watch for additional snippets and teasers excerpted from the forthcoming aaduna issue -  LAUNCHING SOON!



-------


aaduna - an online adventure with words and images - a globally read, multi-cultural, and diverse online literary and visual arts journal established in 2010.  Visit us at www.aaduna.org where we put measurable actions to our words.

Help us build community!  Share with your friends,  "like" our Aaduna-Inc facebook page and follow us on twitter @ aadunaspeaks !  

aaduna-Inc aaduna-Inc  Visit regularly for updates !

Comments