bill berry talks with Timothy Ogene


Timothy Ogene, aaduna featured artist, summer 2012 issue
Check out the Timothy Ogene at bill berry’s E-View Points.  CLICK HERE

Tim’s poetry premiered in the summer 2012 issue of aaduna.  Here is one of his poems from that issue:

Nostalgia
(For Kru town, Liberia)

 I’ve only been away for two days –
but I already miss kru-town
and the multiplicity of simplicity it offers;
the serenity and slow pace of existence;
the quietness of being in touch with untouched quietness;

The chaotic scream of street kids
yelling at nothing in particular,
the combine screech of their scream is better
than the piercing, peace-stealing hunk of city cars;

I miss walking barefoot on sand,
close to the lip of the ocean where salt water kiss my
brown feet against white earth.

I long to return to the melody of raindrops on my roof;
to the undiluted freshness of dawn
free from fumes and disturbing city smell.

Comments