It is Wednesday…Read a Poem



There is a nuanced delight in the way that subtle words can quietly move our emotions to better levels of understanding and acceptance.  Enjoy Lang’s poem. 


Tsunamis

Imani “Clio” Lang


I couldn't stop the gush,

the noise in my belly

Like water stones,

Like a wave in every one of my body regions,

The anxiety strikes like a door closing a tomb,

Its hellish and breathtaking

A waste of energy yet I am in love with it,

Give me more problems, more uncertainties and I'll be sure to worry you more O dear Heart

Even though I know that without God everything would be worse

But the hydrocephalus has made me mindful,

So mindful that I become dizzy with fear,

Aghast in worry,

Covered in the girth of discernment over people's ultimatums

I don't trust this world and its spineless essence

Everyone is out to get their own,

To drown the will that's planned for me.

And throw me in the tide

But today Jesus is here.

The wave doesn't wash me away,

It only raises me up higher



Copyrighted.
Tsunamis: Poem by Imani "Clio" Lang is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.Based on a work at https://poetrymetafisica.wordpress.com/2018/01/25/tsunamis/.Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://poetrymetafisica.wordpress.com/2018/01/25/tsunamis/.


Imani "Clio" Lang (photo provided)

Bio: Imani Lang a.k.a. Clio and a Californian native is a poet, spoken word performer, author of Snake Season, blogger and advocate for the Hydrocephalus Association. Her writing is dedicated to helping others find their voice in such a desensitized society.



-------




aaduna - an online adventure with words and images - a globally read, multi-cultural, and diverse online literary and visual arts journal established in 2010.  Visit us at www.aaduna.org where we put measurable actions to our words.

Help us build community!  Share with your friends,  "like" our Aaduna-Inc facebook page and follow us on twitter @ aadunaspeaks !  

aaduna-Inc aaduna-Inc  Visit regularly for updates !


Comments