In revelry, there is closure, there is beginning


Excitement that the next issue of aaduna will be launched in the next few days that will bring closure to the journal’s period of absence. Excitement that we are already gearing and queuing submissions for read and review for the fall and winter 2019 issues. Excitement that during the past year, prior aaduna contributors have published new work: books, articles, chapbooks, as well as mounting exhibitions of new and retrospective work, and received international and national recognition through participation in juried retreat opportunities and awards. 

It is always a pleasure to hear from contributors who maintain a level of creative excellence and have the opportunity to read and see their new work. And it is always an intriguing experience to present the work of prior contributors in any new issue and the forthcoming issue will be no exception.

Quiana Katumu has been added to that list of esteemed returnees.

Quiana Katumu, photo provided

Her non-fiction work, “The Week I Almost Died” will be in the next issue. Here is a teaser, the opening paragraph of “The Week….”


My name is Josiah and July 25th, 2008, will forever be imprinted on my mind because it was the day I almost died. Perhaps I'm being a little extreme, but I was shot at. The week of July 25th was filled with an immense amount of stress and slight trepidation because it was the week I was moving from my home in Nairobi, Kenya, to the U.S. to begin a Master of Divinity program. It was now Thursday and my graduation would be the following day. As the day passed, I tried to rest, focus on packing and playing with my four-year-old niece, Miriam, but the stress and anticipation of the upcoming move loomed over me. In fact, I had been nursing a migraine for most of the week, and it wasn’t showing any signs of weakening.

The full story is coming in a few days!


Quiana Katumu is back with aaduna.


WATCH FOR aaduna's summer 2019 issue LAUNCHING SOON!

* * * * *







aaduna - an online adventure with words and images - a globally read, multi-cultural, and diverse online literary and visual arts journal established in 2010.  Visit us at www.aaduna.org where we put measurable actions to our words.

Help us build community!  Share with your friends,  "like" our @Aaduna-Inc facebook page and follow us on twitter @ aadunaspeaks !  

aaduna-Inc aaduna-Inc  Visit regularly for updates !






  

Comments