Re-imagining what was…transitioning old school to something re-interpreted

 


NARRATIVE: 

For those fans and supporters who have followed aaduna since 2010, you well know I initiated a creative-oriented interview component simply titled “Conversations.” In those early, heady days, those dialogues were a key component of the Rockford-Kingsley website driven by my involvement as a board member with that organization. At some point, those periodic “chats” transitioned to the aaduna blog and then went into an unexpected, unplanned hiatus. Now…that status has changed. 

“Conversations” are back! 

The inaugural re-born kick-off discussion brings together two powerful, inspirational women writers and eloquent literary voices in a shared conversation with me, a stance that is new to “Conversations” since in the past these chats were designed to be a one-on-one conversation. 

I am pleased to share an edited and brief excerpt from my (bb) chat with Linda Gonzalez (LG,) and Dr. Nagueyalti Warren (NW.)



bb:

When Nagueyalti’s submitted work to aaduna, Linda, as a contributing editor, was tasked with editing that submission. Needless to say, I had no idea that your stars had aligned previously.

Can you describe that initial meeting (and any impressions?)

 

NW:

If I remember correctly, Linda came to Goddard as I was leaving. I do recall being delighted to see more people of color entering when I left in 2005. Goddard was interesting but isolating. In my two years of being in Vermont, I saw a total of 1, one, single, solitary Black man in the town of Plainfield.

 

LG:

Nagueyalti is speaking of our first meeting at Goddard’s MFA program. I was in my first year and so grateful for the POC table and second year students like Nagueyalti in the dining room where we met three times daily, as it was a residency program where we came together every 6 months. It was my lifeline in the sea of white students, teachers, and state.

 

* * *

The full conversation is coming soon, and you will get a more comprehensive look of two prominent women writers.

aaduna coming soon!

 

 


Comments